Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ):
- Do I need a plumber to install my water filter, or can I do it myself?
If you are a well-equipped person with pluming knowledge and you have modern plumbing installed in your house, you will be able to follow the step-by-step instructions in the manual provided in the box. There are also online YouTube videos that shows you step by step how to instal your filter. Installing your filter does require additional tools that are not included with the filter.
- The supply line for my 3M commercial water filter is on the right, and the inlet on the single cartridge water filter head is on the left. Can I change the orientation of the filter head, so the inlet is on the right?
The orientation of the filter head cannot be changed. The arrows on the head indicate the correct flow direction through the cartridge.
- I have limited space to install my 3M commercial filter. Can I install it horizontally?
3M commercial water filters should be installed in the recommended vertical position. Installing the filters horizontally can result in increased stress on the system and potential damage/failure to your foodservice equipment and property
- I just replaced my 3M commercial foodservice water filter cartridge, and the water appears cloudy and blue. What is wrong?
The activated carbon in the cartridge has a large surface area consisting of thousands of small pores that help the cartridge perform its designed functions. These pores trap air within the carbon in the cartridge. When water enters the cartridge, it forces the air out of the pores in the carbon. This makes the water appear cloudy, or discoloured, and should decrease over time. Flush the filter system according to the instructions specified in the product manual or performance datasheet
- I just replaced my 3M commercial filter cartridges and there are black specks in my water. What are these specks?
These black specks are carbon “fines”. They are a common occurrence with newly installed filters containing carbon. The situation is usually remedied by flushing the filter for several minutes. Flush the filter-system according to the instructions specified in the product manual or performance data sheet. If the amount of carbon in your water is excessive, or continues after flushing the system, contact your installer or service person
- Can I use any 3M filter cartridge in 3M filter head or manifold?
While the water filter heads and manifolds are designed to use multiple cartridges based on the filtration requirements and many filter cartridges can be used interchangeably in the same head based on different capacity or flowrate needs, not all cartridges are interchangeable. Heads and manifolds are keyed to accept specific cartridges, depending on the application. 3M High Flow Series water filtration cartridges with a model name ending with “SR5” (example: HF90-S-SR5, HF60-S-SR5) are intended primarily for filtering water for ice-machine applications in Dual Flow systems and may not fit other standard heads like VH3 or NH3 series.
- How often do I need to replace my water filter cartridge?
All under sink and refrigerator water filtration systems have a 6-month replacement interval unless noted otherwise.
- Are all the featured under-sink water filtration systems NSF tested and certified?
All our featured under sink water filtration systems on the following page are NSF tested and certified unless noted on the reduction claims
- Does the AP Easy Complete system come with a dedicated faucet system?
Yes, The AP Easy Complete system comes with a dedicated water faucet and instruction manual to explain how to instal it.
- Does the AP Easy Complete system come with a built-in mounting bracket?
Yes, The AP Easy System does come with a Built-in mounting bracket
- What systems can the In-Line water filter system be used for?
The In-Line filter system can be used for Ice machines, Coffee machines, refrigerators without a pre-existing water filter, and drinking dispensers.
- Do I need to switch off my water supply to my filter before replacing the cartridge?
Yes, to prevent any flooding and damage to your property you should always switch off your water supply to your filter.
- Does my filter come with mounting head screws?
Yes, we do supply screws to mount your filter head.
- Does your website allow refunds?
Kindly note that certain parts of this policy do not apply to damaged or used products. Make sure it is undamaged and unused, with the original packaging, failure to return all the items sold with the product (regardless of whether it is a repair/exchange)We are entitled to reject the returned product OR The company can estimate the value of the missing items then you can only be credited in respect of the returned item.
- How do I return a product I purchased?
You log a return on the Website within 24hrs of delivery to you, make sure it is undamaged and unused, with the original packaging. Failure to return all the items sold with the product (regardless of whether it is a repair/exchange) may result in the following. We are entitled to reject the returned product. The company can estimate the value of the missing items then you can only be credited in respect of the returned item.
- How long will it take for my package to arrive at my house?
Our shipping takes 1-3 days to arrive at your home/Business.
- Where do items need to be returned?
2 Susman Avenue Blairgowrie 2194, South Africa
Tel: 0117870355 Email: email@example.com
- How long will it take for my package to arrive if I stay in a regional area?
Smaller cities and towns, slightly longer transit time, most of these areas will be delivered through vehicles. (2-3 Days for delivery)
- Do you offer same-day delivery?
Unfortunately, we do not. Delivery takes 1-3 days.
- What courier company does your company use to deliver our products?
Globe flight | Courier Services
- Does the product come with an installation manual?
Yes, all our products come with installation manuals.
- Do I need to buy a new whole new head when I replace my filter cartridge?
No, you only need to buy the replacement cartridge.
- What is the AP917 Whole house filter used for?
Whole house water filtration helps reduce sediment build-up and increase the life of hot water heaters and appliances, Up to 75.7 litres per minute (LPM) flow rate. The AP917 series incorporates scale inhibition media, carbon block filtration and a non-woven pleat media to reduce sediment down to 5 microns nominal, removes chlorine taste and odour.